Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Naps in the cave

One of the fun things the boys and I did during my maternity leave was take huge naps in our comfy, dark basement. It’s not like we could go outside, with it being one of the coldest and snowiest winters on record, so we grabbed some good books and headed to the cave. We usually retreated after Harmon’s lunch (and Simon’s bottle), read and then Harmon would pass out at one end of our big leather sectional and Simon and I would settle in at the other end. Sometimes, I would actually get to sleep but, most of the time, I just kept Simon company so he wouldn’t wake up his big brother. On a few occasions, both boys slept until after Kevin came home from work and that made it so much easier to get dinner going. Overall, those naps in the cave were some good times all around.

No comments: