Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Camp NanaPapa!

Since my parents have been kind enough to come to our house to watch the boys basically every Wednesday since February 2006, we thought we would try something different this summer. We sent the boys to THEIR house, to Camp NanaPapa!

Kevin was a champ, delaying the start of his Wednesday to meet my parents halfway – at the US-23 and M-59 intersection – every week. The boys were always so excited and the minute they saw my parents parked at the Wendy’s (the drop-off point), they would start screaming from the car for them.

Once they were transported from one car to the other, they were typically greeted with one of their favorite treats – chocolate-glazed Timbits! Back to my parents’ house they would go for the day to play in the pool, play baseball with Papa, watch lots of movies and eat lots of vegetables! During special weeks, my parents would get extra help from Aunt Erin or the boys would get a visit from Aunt Stacey and Baby Elsa!

At the end of the day, we typically would meet up with them at an awesome market near Milford called Colasanti’s and they would feed the ducks and geese with my parents while Kevin and I grabbed something delicious from the deli. And, all the way home, the boys would mistakenly call me “Nana” and talk about all the fun they had that day.

Of course, these past 12 weeks have gone by in the blink of an eye and now it’s time for school again. And it’s time for my parents to get back into the routine of making the weekly Wednesday trek to Ann Arbor. I hope the summer made things easier on them and I hope they had as much fun as the boys did at Camp NanaPapa!

Side note: I just want to TRY to put into words how appreciative Kevin and I are of my parents’ constant, consistent and reliable help raising the boys. We simply cannot imagine doing it without them. No words could ever explain it and no dollar amount could ever cover it. Thank you!

No comments: