Sunday, December 02, 2007

Lucky number seven

Seven years ago right now, Kevin and I were at our wedding reception watching our guests play their own music and mix their own drinks. It was a wonderful day and I can’t believe we’ve been married for seven years! My sister just sent me this e-card, which is freakin' hilarious. It did, however, make me think about how far we’ve come. It hasn’t always been easy and we’ve had some dark times but we’ve held it together and I can see us being married for 70 years. We always said we would remember to truly celebrate days like today but that was before Harmon came along. Tonight, we just decided to have dinner at Cottage Inn – the place we had our rehearsal dinner – and it was perfect. Harmon was an angel and the food was awesome and it just made me think that, in the end, it’s not about big gifts and fancy dinners. It’s about being together and enjoying each other. Kevin, I love you so much. As I always tell you, you are my prince charming, the man that made all my dreams come true. I would marry you one thousand times over – HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

No comments: