Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother’s Day 2007

Even though this is my second Mother’s Day, the whole thing still seems so surreal to me. I’M A MOM! Weird but so amazing!

Anyway, we had a nice quiet Mother’s Day. Kevin made me my favorite chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast to start the day and then offered up the gifts. Since he bought me my beautiful mother’s necklace back in January, he only was supposed to do small things but Kevin doesn’t do small very well. In addition to a dozen gorgeous yellow roses, I got the new Burberry Summer perfume, a hug-in-a-box (stuffed animal with book) and an awesome orange iPod shuffle.

After opening up all those great gifts, we went to campus and walked around a while. We stopped by for a few innings of the Penn State at Michigan baseball game (which we lost, cut it out baseball) and then took Harmon to the track to let him run around on the grassy infield. On the way home, we picked up our favorite pizza and spent some fun time together at dinner. Harmon ended my Mother’s Day by actually letting me rock him to sleep – a very special treat these days.

Thanks and all my love to Kevin, Harmon and Isabel for making my Mother's Day so special. I hope all the mothers out there had a great day too!

Oh, before I go, some pictures of my flowers and cards and Harmon’s Mother’s Day presents from day care.






No comments: