Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Coming around again

As I said in his birthday post, I can’t believe Harmon is one. I knew the whole “turning one” thing would be tough for me when the following happened:

At the beginning of November, I put our camel-colored flannel sheets on the bed (I have an Excel document clearly outlining during which months which sheets are used – ANAL) and began to cry. These were the same sheets that were on the bed LAST November when we brought Harmon home from the hospital. All those cute pictures of him snuggling on our bed were taken with those damn sheets serving as the background!

Also at the beginning of November (and quite ridiculous, if I might say so), WNIC starts playing its all day, every day Christmas music. I remember turning on this Christmas music for Harmon last winter when he would nap. Of course, I’ve cried a few times about this too.

And, today, I had to work an event at the hospital complex and, afterwards, was waiting outside for my ride. Our drop-off/pick-up location was right outside of the U-M Women's Hospital and in clear view of my cool, fourth floor, corner room that was Harmon's first home. I started thinking about it and realized we brought him home one year ago today. My, how time flies.

No comments: