Thursday, April 20, 2006

Odds and ends

  • First off, this is a real shocker! I guess not really, especially after this! When’s the last time we had a decent basketball recruit, 1991? Jesus! Can something be done about this travesty of a program? It’s so aggravating, embarrassing, maddening, etc. Why do I bleed maize and blue like I do!

  • And, while we’re at it, glad these guys (above) are having so much fun while our football program goes down the crapper. Hey, laugh it up, enjoy your night!

  • OK, as many of you know, my Mom watches Harmon on Wednesdays. When he naps, she gets bored. So, instead of camping out in front of HBO (like I do) or reading a book (I do that too, sometimes), she finds things to do in our house. For several weeks in a row, she folded and put away our laundry even though I TRIED TO HIDE IT FROM HER. This past Wednesday, I successfully hid the laundry (YES!) but she found other things to pass the time. She cleaned our stove, our sinks and plucked the weeds out of our ivy bed! This woman cannot be stopped, she was made to do this stuff and she can’t help herself. Of course, I am immensely grateful for all this but I wish she would just relax and enjoy her time with Harmon, even if it’s just watching him sleep!

  • Since Harmon has grown out of the Pampers Swaddlers (sizes 1 & 2), we went in search of a new diaper for size 3. When we were on our Costco run for 10,000 cans of Enfamil, we decided to try Huggies. Let me just say that I HATE THEM! Every time we change him, he has all this crystallized goo all over him. The diaper matter in the front must break down or something and it takes FOREVER (and 30 wipes) to get it off him. Unfortunately, we bought a HUGE box of these damn things so I think I’ll send them to day care and we’ll try either the Pampers Baby Dry or Pampers Cruisers. Grrrrr.

  • Bruce, what’s up with this? I heard you put another E Street Band project on hold to do The Seeger Sessions. And, even worse, you’re teasing me by stopping in Detroit on June 17. I want to go but I know that instead of hearing Rosalita, Born to Run or Land of Hope and Dreams, I’ll hear cover tunes. I’m so sad!

  • OK, if ever I enter the inside of a movie theater again, I have to see this. Although I’m not a NASCAR fan (at all), I love Will Ferrell.

No comments: